An Introduction to sailing over 5 evenings and includes Club membership for all the current season. Includes Tuesday evenings from mid May (plus one Tuesday shore introduction). You will be assigned to a sailing yacht under the supervision of the Skipper. Yachts are various sizes from 23ft to over 40ft some are keen racers and other cruise Clew bay. Each week you will sail a different yacht to give a good overview of sailing. Afterwards you can gather in the clubhouse with other participants. Thursday evening is when Mayo Sailing club runs it’s in house racing series. There may be opportuinities to join a crew on Thursdays with boats that are short of crew. Most participants continue to sail until the season end in October.
- 7-9pm Tuesday 3rd May — Shore based Introduction. Includes basic instruction and information on what is required for the following Thursday’s sailing
- 6.30pm Tuesday 10th May — Rotation on various sailing yachts
- 6.30pm Tuesday 17th May — Rotation on various sailing yachts
- 6.30pm Tuesday 24th May — Rotation on various sailing yachts
- 6.30pm Tuesday 31st May — Rotation on various sailing yachts
- 6.30pm Tuesday 7th June — Spare Date in case of weather cancellation
€ 150 including Introductory membership of Mayo Sailing Club for current season
email@example.com or text Bobby Conlon 087-2753112(text preferred) or complete the form below.
NOTE: Participants must be 18 years of age by the commencement date of the course. Persons under this age, wishing to try sailing in Mayo Sailing Club, should go to the Junior Sailing Section of this site.
Please fill in the form below if interested in participating in the 2019 Mayo Sailing Club Try Sailing Course.